Friday 16 September 2011

Why Slovenia?

For some time, I've liked the idea of touring the Balkans but I've been unsure about going alone. I don't speak the language and wasn't sure what to expect - although, having already purchased a travel book, I knew there was a lot of beautiful places to see.
After spending almost 3 months not able to ride my bike due to a foot injury, I met a young woman who had been touring the Balkans on her own by motorcycle and she inspired me to make a solo trip too.

So, just 2 weeks before I left the UK, I booked the overnight ferry from Hull and did a bit of internet research. I decided not to overplan the trip as I still wasn't sure how much time I would spend in Slovenia - I also liked the idea of going to the Dolomites area of Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment